First Guitar Chords You Should Learn
- Three, one finger guitar chords to make your chord playing easier
- The three essential chord techniques to make your chords sound awesome
- 6 easy beginner-friendly songs to put your new chords to work
One Finger Guitar Chords
The first goal is to memorise the above shapes, make sure you know where your fingers have got to go and how many strings you need to play.
Essential Chord Techniques
- Flat Thumb It is important to have your thumb behind the neck and pointing up, as this will give you the most support when playing chords.
- Fingertips By using your fingertips to press down on the strings you will find you have more strength to push down with, achieve a cleaner sound and your finger will be straighter and out of the way of adjacent strings.
- Frets Place the tip of your finger close to the fret wire (metal strip) that divides the guitar neck into frets. The closer to the fret wire you are, the more likely the note will sound clear and free from buzz. You also won’t have to push down quite as hard.
One Finger Chord Exercises
One Finger Guitar Songs
Ok, you’re really rocking now, you know all three chords, they sound great and you can move between them playing three different rhythms. Now it’s time to have some fun and put this all together into a few songs and I have got six for you to try…